I've lived in the greater Los Angeles area for a little over 3 years now, I regret never posting my teenie Pasadena abode when I lived there, but I'm pretty happy with this Glen Rock apartment Josh and I have been tinkering with. We've been here since last spring, I think March 2014? For those of you who like to go down memory lane, here is my very first place back in college, over here is my favoritest college bedroom, and this is my last space tour post when I had just moved to Los Angeles. It's crazy to see all the stuff we've accumulated over the years, and that we do own actual grown-up furniture like a headboard, arm chairs and matching side dressers.
For the TLDR; crowd, you don't have to read any of this, I just wanted to share a few tidbits from what you just saw.
- The gnome was a drunken purchase by Josh when we went to the Rise of the Jack O'lanterns at Descanso Gardens last October. Actually, his brother-in-law bought it for him, and it's been chilling in our living room ever since.
- Our massive Ikea bookcase acts as a barrier and everyone is amazed at how many books we have, but since all of the cubbies are filled up, Josh and I have to get rid of books if we buy new ones and want to display them (first world problems, I know).
- My super talented cousin made and gave me the Breakfast at Tiffany's print this past Christmas. I placed it at eye level so that I can look at it every damn day because I love it so much.
- When we first moved in, this apartment did not come with a fridge. Josh found a great deal on Craigslist for an old, but still running refrigerator for only $50. The owners were remodeling their entire 1970s-looking home so they offered Josh their kitchen nook dining set also for an additional $50. So hence the yellow dining chairs which give much character to our otherwise Target/Ikea purchased home.
- Our zebra knobs were a spur of the moment buy from Anthropologie and I love them so.
- Yus, we have his and her dressers. Josh practically begged me for his own table lamp for his late night reading, so for Christmas I granted him that wish and got him this cute marble lamp from West Elm. I adore everything I put by my side of the bed, but my Jonathan Adler iPhone dock is too adorable to not mention.
- The last photo is of a fortune I got and I taped it to the indoor side of the front door as a kind of joke to Josh that we should be getting married this year. Don't freak out though, (if you are) we probably won't do such a thing until 2018 (our ten-year anniversary).