Hello again! Life has been hectic (and rainy) but at the same time crazy eventful, and has certainly took a turn for the better since my last post. I stopped being stubborn with my personal aesthetic when doing homework and listened to what my teachers are teaching me. My Design Fundamentals teacher who shot me down in the previous post, now has nothing but good things to say about my work. We took the elevator together after class and he told me that I have improved immensely, and during one critique he said that he loved how I approached the design solution. One more thing I just have to brag about, my classmates (well at least the ones who sit near me) bombarded me in the last class about being too perfect, and having natural talent. One of them said that she'd post my projects on Tumblr in a heartbeat if I'd give her the .jpeg files of them all. So, needless to say, my confidence level has been bumped up to the tenth degree.
But back to what I actually intended to share with you, I've been really lazy using my fatty camera to capture life events, so thank-you Instagram for being my back-up.
- This is the first (and still my favorite) drawing I felt like I really knew what I was doing, and one of the few As I got (because I have one tough Drawing For Communication teacher.)
- I attended the awesome TED talk at UCLA, and prior, I took a tour of UCLA's underground tunnels. I met some awesome people, listened to crazy-awesome people and got hyped for being around these innovative, inspiring people.
- Went to the Long Beach Comic Con, and surprisingly got to meet a lot of my favorite artists on Tumblr, like HoursAgo, Apt-303, and BustyGirl. I met even more great illustrators that were featured at the "Six Seasons and a Movie" Community fan art show back in the summer. In addition to that, I got to talk to Jeff Lewis and Robin Thorsen, cast members of the YouTube show you all should be watching, The Guild. I kept wanting to call them by their character names, Vork and Clara but thankfully I refrained from doing so to their face at least. Now you're probably wondering who is that attractive Joker I took a picture with. He is Anthony Misiano and he is known on the interwebs as Harley's Joker, nice guy. Yeah, this whole paragraph just proved how nerdy I am.
- Hey hey hey! I am a paid working girl now! With that I got an upgrade of an actual desk with drawers, and two monitors. (Desktop wallpapers by one of favorite freelancers, Breanna Rose.)
- That night we (Josh, Jake (biological bro of Josh), and I) decided to go to The Meltdown Show which is pretty much a stand-up comedy show. So to start off the awesome night we chose ramen place, IKEMEN. Oh. my. goodness. Best ramen I have ever had in my entire life. The broth was so hot and so meaty, the noodles were the just the right texture, and the pork melted in my mouth. Delicious would be an understatement. Also, this place really was a "hole in the wall" kind of restaurant. I felt like a legit Los Angeles native. It was good night, with good food, good friends, good entertainment. The icing on all this goodness was getting our picture taken (the photographer told us to do funny faces, I was the only one who listened), and meeting Kumail who probably won't remember us because he was hammered after the show.
- Mumford & Sons at the Hollywood Bowl! You may have seen a lot of your Facebook friends update their status with what I just said, or you were there too. It was awesome, I got to wear my dorky warm hat, and for the encore they called out their opening band and they all rocked out Joe Cocker's version of "With A Little Help from My Friends." How cute and fitting.
Phew, and I think we have pretty much caught up with my life. Thanksgiving was good, Black Friday was quite enjoyable this year. Probably because I spent it at The Grove and saw a lot of actors out and about. Yesterday I went to Unique LA's Holiday Show and spent more on myself than buying gifts for others (as intended). Can't keep spending the moneys though, gotta save for an apartment. O! Super last thing, you guys with smart phones, Tamagotchis are back in the form of the Hatchi app. Get it, it'll make you happy I promise.